Obtaining a Conservation ID Number
- Log on to: www.ct.gov/deep
- Click on: BOATING in the center of the page
- Click on: Certification & Registration located along the left side of the page
- Click on: Applying for Safe Boating Certificates (SBC), Certificates of Personal Watercraft Operation (CPWO), Temporary and Duplicate Certificates
- In the middle of the text, click on Online Sportsman Licensing
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the Start button
- Search to see if you have a Conservation ID number by searching with Personal Information
- A red prompt will appear saying you were not found in the records.
- Press the blue button that says- select here to receive your conservation ID only for an education course registration.
- You only need to enter the required information that is marked with an asterisk.
- Once your information is submitted- print out your entry sheet that has your Conservation ID number in the upper left corner.
Getting Your License
When you are ready to obtain your license, you have two options:
- Go online to: https://www.ct.wildlifelicense.com/internetsales
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the START button
- Type in necessary information in the Search By Conservation Id section, then press Next
- Select Boating to navigate to the screen to buy your license
- Take your Conservation ID number to the DEEP, along with your diploma, and have them print your boating license out for you.
Note: There is a $50 processing fee for either option.